Saturday, July 7, 2007

I have strawberries



Don't they look just yummy? There is nothing like the smell of strawberries as you pick them.. warm sunshine, soft breeze, and luscious, sweet, yummy berries...doesn't get any better than that. Picking was easy - I picked four ice cream pails full - and was back home exactly an hour from when I left the house. ($7.50 a bucket in case your curious)

Now - what to do with my treasure...strawberry freezer jam for sure (Jeremy there will be some in the freezer with your name on them), strawberry shortcake tonight, and maybe a strawberry pie....and we'll just eat the rest. I bought some strawberry cream cheese fruit dip - works well with the berries :)

Now, if it wasn't so darn hot.. I could get right on that...maybe we'll just hav eto eat them straight up.

2 comments:

Cass said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm those would never make it to the freezer in my house. :)

Alana said...

They'd be gone in a flash at my house, too. They look SOOO good! And if it makes you feel any better, I think we're having the same miserable weather here in ND. Just Horrible:o(