Saturday, June 30, 2007

Dog Days of Summer Questionaire

  1. Do you knit, or crochet, or do both? How long have you been knitting\crocheting? My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was a young girl. I did a lot of crocheting up to about 15 years ago. Nobody knit in my family so I wasn't exposed to it. One of my first jobs was a bank teller, back in 1984. One of the other tellers was into knitting and she convinced me to try it. I attempted a sweater, never got much past the body and that was the end of my knitting . My oldest son was born in 1985 and the next 15+ years were too busy ...I have recently, within the last 2 years, jumped into knitting in a big way.
  2. Have you knit dishcloths or dishtowels before? yes, I have. I previously had done just the plain garter stitch type. Just attempted a patterned one, which is posted below.
  3. What are your favorite cotton yarns? Is there a cotton or linen you’ve been dying to try but have not? I have only used "sugar and cream" - I am not even sure what else is out there...
  4. Are there any cotton yarns you don’t enjoy knitting with? See the above question
  5. What type of needle do you prefer using? (Metal/Wood/Plastic) I prefer wood - it just feels sooo smooth - I have a lot of metal -
  6. What other projects do you enjoy knitting or crocheting? I really got into mittens last winter, made tons of pairs. I also did a lot of felted bags - just started exploring socks...They seem too mind consuming for me. I like mindless knitting.
  7. Do you have other hobbies or enjoy other kinds of crafting? I own over 60 Stampin' Up sets. I have been into stamping for a long time, which has lead into scrapbooking. I like to read, although I must admit I haven't taken much time to do that lately.
  8. What kind of treats do you like? Chocolate? Candies? Nuts? Dark chocolate, cinnamon candy, and sometimes sour candy (not so much into the nuts - although I have been known to eat an entire bag of pistachios)
  9. What colors are your kitchen and bath decorated in, if any? I am not very good at decorating. The kitchen has a sage green curtain and white walls (which hopefully will be painted sometime this summer) My bathroom colors lean towards the browns, pink tones.
  10. What are your favorite colors and what colors do you dislike? I really like the browns/pinks/mauves/ - I would say - "earthy"
  11. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Other beverages? coffee only in the morning with Irish cream creamer - otherwise it's Cherry Coke - straight up - not diet
  12. Do you have any kids (human or pet variety!)? I have four of the best young men anywhere as my sons. Jeremy is my oldest at 21, Andy is second at 19, Chris is 16 and my youngest, Nathan is 15.
  13. Do you have any allergies? None that I am aware of.
  14. Please share 3 tidbits about yourself that you think your pal and other swappers might find odd or interesting.
1. I am half "Hawaiian" - my biological Dad lives on the island of Maui. I have met him, he's awesome, but I have never been to Hawaii. It's on my list of things to do before I die.

2. I went back to college at age 36 - got my BS in Secondary Education, Mathematics and a minor in Special education. It was the hardest thing I had ever done.

3. I am the oldest of 5 children and our names go in alphabetical order: Alaina, Benita, Corina, Darren, and Erica. I don't know if that falls under the "interesting" or "weird" heading of information....

1 comment:

SissySees said...

Welcome to the Dog Days swap!