Saturday, May 31, 2008

Keepin' Cool in Summer Dishcloth Exchange Questionaire

1. Do you Knit or Crochet? For how long? I know how to do both. My current obsession is knitting. I have been knitting now for about 2 years.

2. Do you enjoy using metal, wooden, or some other kind of needle\hook? I love the feel of wooden needles. Unfortunately, most of my needles are metal...

3. What are your favorite types of yarn? Any you just can't stand? I have bought enough sock yarn to keep me in socks for the rest of my lifetime...I can't seem to help myself...I love sock yarn. I don't like novelty yarns...

4. When it comes to cotton, are there any brands you'd love to try and haven't? I have only used "Sugar and Cream"

5. When you make Dishcloths, do you use them yourself, or tend to give them as gifts? Both, I love making dishcloths...instant gratification, simple, easy to take along, mindless knitting....consequently, I tend to accumulate them...so I usually throw a couple in for bridal showers, birthdays, etc...

6. Do you have a favorite color? Any that you dislike? I like earthy colors and bright colors....I don't like orange...but everything else is fair game.

7. What color(s) (if any!) are your kitchen and bath decorated in? Kitchen is greens and bathroom is tans...

8. What are your favorite scents around the house? I like cool melon, lilac, vanilla, citrus...

9. What is your very favorite thing about summer? My favorite part of summer is being home and enjoying the sunshine. Spending time with the boys, knitting, camping, gardening...and....did I mention...not working....

10. What is your least favorite thing about summer? The mosquitos.

11. Do you use soap or body wash in the shower? I use body wash in the shower.

12. What scents do you enjoy in the bath? My favorite is cucumber melon.

13. What is your favorite dishcloth pattern? I don't know that I have a favorite. I make a lot of ripple, fan/wave pattern cloths.

14. What sort of treats do you enjoy? Sweet or Salty? Oh, probably sweet...chocolate is top of my list...if it's dark chocolate, that's even better....

15. Imagine today is one of the hottest days of the year - what do you do to keep cool? Or are you one of those folks who loves the hot weather? I love the hot weather. I would pack some flavored water, my knitting and head for the nearest lake...

16. What sorts of hobbies do you enjoy besides knitting or crocheting? I belong to a stamping club. We meet once a month and make cards. I should own stock in "Stampin' Up". I have way more sets than I would ever admit to...Almost tops my yarn stash....I also dabble in scrap booking. I use to read a lot, not so much anymore...seems like I knit instead...I also like to dabble in photography. I love taking pictures.

17. Do you collect anything (besides yarn!) no

18. Are you on Ravelry? If so, share your ID! I haven't been on in ages, but, I am "alaina" on Ravelry. Maybe this summer I will have time to play with Ravelry more....

19. Do you have any allergies? I can't stand cigarette smoke...

20. Do you have any pets? One cat, whose house we live in and a dog who torments her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A fellow sock addict! Anne paired us well. :-) I'm your secret pal for the Keepin' Cool swap, btw.