Saturday, February 2, 2008

Longing For Spring Swap

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft?

I learned to crochet as a child from my Gramma - don't we all learn from Gramma? I picked up knitting in the last 3 years or so..a little obsessed with knitting....

2. What are your favorite yarns/fibers? What are your least favorite yarns/fibers?

I like yarn to be soft - I am not into novelty yarns - Don't really know a lot about yarn - due to being somewhat of a newbie at knitting...

3. What are your favorite colors? What are your least favorite colors?

Probably earth tones - greens...reds - subtle shades - rich tones - blues - not much into neon, artificial colors...

4. What ‘warm weather’ project are you looking forward to making this year?

I would really like to make more socks - and would like to try a cardigan - which isn't really a "warm-weather" project

5. What are you favorite scents? Least favorite?

I like light fresh scents...clean linen - scents that remind you of the outdoors...don't like heavy scents or peaches.

6. What is your favorite flower?

My favorite flower...hmmm.. am not sure - I love the scent of lilacs in the Spring...or the first Lily of the Valley that show up in the flower bed. I enjoy the colors of mums in the Autumn...I don't know that I have a favorite.

7. What are you favorite spring time hobbies/activities?

Being able to get out and walk - being able to walk around the yard and check for buds on the apple trees, lilacs along the back of the yard...checking to see if my "hens and chicks" survived the winter...shooting some baskets with my boys....

8. Do you have a garden? If you do, tell us a little about it. Do you like to plant flowers or vegetables?

I have a couple flower gardens that I would love to give more attention to than I seem to have time to...I generally just plant some tomato plants and green beans as far as a vegetable garden...I am in a hollow of sorts - surrounded by large hills - thus I get very little direct sunshine.

9. What are your favorite sweets?

Dark chocolate...chocolate and caramel....Easter brings black jelly beans and I absolutely love black jelly beans...

10. Do you collect anything?

Does knitting needles, patterns or yarn count? I seem to buy them whether I need them or not?

12. Do you have any allergies?

Maybe allergic to house cleaning - although it has not been confirmed - would have to participate in said activity to verify an allergic reaction...

13. Do you have any pets?

We live in my cat's house - don't all cat owners? She allows us to share her space...I also have a dog - cute Max...who tries daily to torment my poor cat :)

No comments: