Friday, September 7, 2007

Fall into Autumn Dishcloth Swap

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?

I learned to crochet when I was a child. I taught myself to knit about two years ago.

2. Have you made dishcloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?

I love making dishcloths...I use them myself and give them away.

3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?

I usually just use Peaches and Cream. I have no idea what cotton I would like to try...It's a dishcloth...

4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?

I use straights on dishcloths and circs on hats and things...really don't have an opinion either way...I do prefer wooden needles to metal or plastic..although it seems the majority of my needles are metal because I have picked them up at Thrift store or garage sales.

5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?

I like the warm browns, forest greens, maroons...blues... rose...not much into orange.

6. What do you like best about Autumn?

The coolness of the days, snuggling under a warm blanket with the window open at night, picking my apples off of the tree, raking leaves, a fresh start with school starting, Thanksgiving...

7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!

Pecan would be first choice...then...apple..and then pumpkin...numm!!

8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?

Let's just say the school supply aisle is still one of my favorite places in any given store. I had my school supplies organized, color-coded, labeled and in my backpack long before the start of school. Can you say "Geek"?

9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the time frame of the swap)

I give out candy, use to take my kids around trick or treating...now that they're older...don't much get into it any more. I could probably admit that I really don't like Halloween at all...

10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?

Blackjack Cherry Icecream...Schwans (with chocolate sauce)
Cheetos
Junior Mints


11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)

I have "The Man", and four sons ages 22 to 15...two in college...two in high school...one not-so-smart-but-really-cute
dog and one adorable cat whose house we live in.

12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?

It would be a wool blend with a little angora...strong, stable, down home...weathers well...wool but with a soft heart and mushy side...angora.

13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?

I had never thought of using them for facecloths...hmmm...great idea.

14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)

Thanksgiving, hands down!!! I love cooking a huge meal, using the nice tablecloth, setting the china, putting all the food in serving bowls, lighting the candles and eating until you feel sick...and then...later enjoying all those leftovers...turkey with mayo on bread with some salt and pepper...makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Besides the fact that Christmas is right around the corner!!! And, I love Christmas!

15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?

I hate the smell of cigarette smoke, which is more a personal pet peeve than an allergy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for getting this up so quickly! I'm totally with you on the 'geek' thing and school supply aisles LOL Might be the only place I can drop money as fast as in a yarn shop *grin*

Anonymous said...

My husband and I refered to Staples as the "adult toy store" until we thought about what other people (teachers, other parents) would think if Bear said it.

CraftCache said...

Love black cherry icecream! Cherry Garcia from B&Js is the best@!
So nice to meet you in the Autumn Swap~!

Anonymous said...

I'll be spoiling you this time around :) I've been reading up on your blog, and planning some surprises for you.