Friday, January 11, 2008

Defeat the Winter Doldrums Questionaire

1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both?

I initially learned to crochet years ago from my grandmother...now days, I do much more knitting than crocheting. I have really gotten into knitting in the last 2-3 years.

2. What types of needles do you enjoy using for making dishcloths?

I use a cheap set of metal straight, convenient because, I don't use that set for anything other than dishcloths. When I get sick of the current project, it's sometimes necessary to "finish" something, so , I make a dishcloth.

3. What types of cotton do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Is there any that you've been wanting to try?

I usually use "Sugar n Cream" or "Peaches n Cream" I wouldn't want to put much money into the yarn to create a dishcloth.(sorry, I am cheap, maybe thrifty is a better word.

4. What color(s) are your kitchen and bath decorated in (if any)?

My kitchen has a lot of greens in it - kinda pale, sage green , not the lighter minty green. I am in the process, soon, I hope, of redoing the bathroom - looking at rose colors..

5. What are your favorite colors for yarns? Least favorite?

I tend to prefer the earthy tones more so than neon, artificial tones.


6. Do you like Winter, or do you count the days until it ends?

I really, really, positively dislike winter. I hate being cold. I hate having my travel restricted by the weather. The only good thing about winter is the down time to sit under a blanket and knit your evenings away......

7. What's your favorite way to brighten your day when you're down in the dumps?

When I am down, I need a good friend, lots of chocolate, maybe some Kleenex....I tend to get sucked down really easily and struggle to come out...

8. What is your favorite treat to indulge in and when your down in the dumps?

Did I mention chocolate?

9. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Cocoa?

I drink coffee in the morning, heavily sedated with Irish Cream creamer. I am not much of a tea drinker. I haven't found a tea that I really, really like....I do enjoy a hot cup of cocoa occasionally, topped with whip cream...probably not as often as I could...

10. If you could take a vacation starting tomorrow and go anywhere for one week and money were no object, where would you go and what would you do?

I would take my family to Hawaii to visit my biological father, whom my children have never met.

11. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should be aware of?

I can not stand the smell of cigarette smoke. Other than that...I have no allergies, at least not to yarn.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

I knit dishcloths for the feeling of finishing something too!

I'm very excited for this swap!

Have to say, MEN! I hear ya!

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.