Saturday, January 19, 2008

Finally...finished Christmas pictures...

Thus, begins the story...along about the beginning of December, I got a hair-brain idea to make each of my boys a pair of felted slippers....

What the Hell was I thinking??? (pardon my French)

I knit like a mad woman....every available moment...spent knitting slippers...I dreamt about slippers...it was an obsession...and not small slippers....VERY, VERY Large slippers...we are talking size 13 feet here...across the board!

I did not complete all slippers before Christmas...I wrapped up what was done and spent the week following...again...knitting like a mad woman....hardly stopping to cook meals...



At last...all done knitting...now an entire evening of tidying things up....tucking in - good God! What a lot of ends!



Here's me...looking very un-glamorous and a little pudgy (Christmas cookies, perhaps? See previous paragraph) with the bundle of completed slippers on my way to the washer.



TAH-DAH!!!! Finished slippers.......



I am happy to report that two pairs went back to college with said sons and two more pairs are used nightly here.

And if the slipper saga wasn't enough...Have I mentioned how I thrive on stress? I decided along about the same time to make each of the boys a tied fleece throw.

Again...didn't happen before Christmas, so material was wrapped up and We tied them after Christmas - We spent the time together on the floor...tying blankets...

The pictures are of our third "helper" - What is it with cats? Don't cha just love them?



"Helping" tie Jeremy's maroon and gold blanket.....



Making sure Andy goes back to college with a little cat hair to remember home by....

Next year.... someone slap me if I tell you I have an idea...in December...promise?

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

The slippers look great! What pattern did you use?

NH Knitting Mama said...

I think you need to join the Year Long Gift Along with me! I've got links on my blog... there is still time to join!

Alana said...

You are one wild and crazy woman! But the slippers turned out great!!

I knit a pair a while back, but haven't felted them yet. Need to get on with that before it's summer and I don't need them.