Saturday, January 19, 2008

Finally...finished Christmas pictures...

Thus, begins the story...along about the beginning of December, I got a hair-brain idea to make each of my boys a pair of felted slippers....

What the Hell was I thinking??? (pardon my French)

I knit like a mad woman....every available moment...spent knitting slippers...I dreamt about slippers...it was an obsession...and not small slippers....VERY, VERY Large slippers...we are talking size 13 feet here...across the board!

I did not complete all slippers before Christmas...I wrapped up what was done and spent the week following...again...knitting like a mad woman....hardly stopping to cook meals...



At last...all done knitting...now an entire evening of tidying things up....tucking in - good God! What a lot of ends!



Here's me...looking very un-glamorous and a little pudgy (Christmas cookies, perhaps? See previous paragraph) with the bundle of completed slippers on my way to the washer.



TAH-DAH!!!! Finished slippers.......



I am happy to report that two pairs went back to college with said sons and two more pairs are used nightly here.

And if the slipper saga wasn't enough...Have I mentioned how I thrive on stress? I decided along about the same time to make each of the boys a tied fleece throw.

Again...didn't happen before Christmas, so material was wrapped up and We tied them after Christmas - We spent the time together on the floor...tying blankets...

The pictures are of our third "helper" - What is it with cats? Don't cha just love them?



"Helping" tie Jeremy's maroon and gold blanket.....



Making sure Andy goes back to college with a little cat hair to remember home by....

Next year.... someone slap me if I tell you I have an idea...in December...promise?

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

The slippers look great! What pattern did you use?

NH Knitting Mama said...

I think you need to join the Year Long Gift Along with me! I've got links on my blog... there is still time to join!

Alana - Knit Wit said...

You are one wild and crazy woman! But the slippers turned out great!!

I knit a pair a while back, but haven't felted them yet. Need to get on with that before it's summer and I don't need them.