Friday, January 11, 2008

On a personal note

I just haven't had much to say lately.

I have been busy with all those lesson plans for school - still doing 4 preps of senior high math - it is getting better - starting to get into the rhythm of it - My God!!!! There is only 4 days left in 2nd quarter....

I did knit up four pairs of felted slippers for the boys for Christmas. Unfortunately, I am unable to load pictures form home. Every single time I try, I get the error message...currently dis-connected from blogger. or some such message. It is so frustrating, and it also leaves my only option to post pictures at school...Well, when I am already staying until 5:00 to get classwork done...who wants to start fooling around with blogging? At that point, I just want to get home and start supper...so, I struggle with not having pictures.

Not much new going on around here. My college boys were home for the holidays and now back to their worlds. We removed the two extra chairs from around the kitchen table. I miss them. I wish sometimes I had a "do-over" and could zap back to those hectic years when they were all so small. My energy was concentrated on caring for babies and trying to save a failing marriage, and trying to find money to pay bills, and just trying to make it all work.... I know some of you have been there - maybe still are there....I want a "do-over" for my kids sake.

Sorry this turned into kinda a bummer post...maybe it is the reason I haven't been posting much lately, I don't know...I struggle to stay positive in my life. I know that is a much healthier place to be. It is just so hard changing a lifetime of thoughts.....but, I am trying.

So, let's end this on a positive note: I have four young men who love me, I have a good man who also loves me and takes care of me, I have good friends who care about me, I have a job, I have a house, I can put food on my table, and we are all blessed with good health. I believe life is good.

If you are still here, thanks for listening....

3 comments:

KSee said...

I totally relate. If life could be like a DVR. Rewind when we want, hit pause,and delete when we want it gone. It is OK to be down because we know there will be ups. Rest up this weekend and take some down time to regroup. We never put our selves 1st.

Cass said...

Big {{{{hugs}}}} sweetie. Sounds like you need some "me" time. Wish I could come get you and take you out to dinner.
XOXO

Alana said...

I'm sorry you're blue. I know how frustrating it is when you never seem to get caught up. And the fun stuff is always what has to go.

School has had me spinning, too, and then my mom's had health problems that have taken huge amounts of my time, so I understand that overwhelmed feeling.

You need to take some time for yourself. Knit, drink coffee, burn a candle. Just let everything else wait!