Thursday, January 31, 2008

Update...

Thanks for all the warm wishes...

I am still sore - actually more so today than all week - ibuprofen (my new best friend)

Hopefully, that will be my one and only accident for my lifetime :)

On to other news...No school on Wednesday - due to the extreme cold here - the wind chill factor was down to 50 to 60 degrees below zero - that is seriously, nothing to mess around with. The principal called Tuesday night to let me know we had closed for Wednesday - which was nice - then I didn't have to set my alarm just to find out I could sleep in....I spent the day knitting...made some cookies - Tollhouse! Can't beat a good chocolate chip cookie....watched a couple movies...wouldn't recommend License to Wed with Robin Williams...not good at all -

I finished my dishcloths for the Defeat the Winter Doldrums Swap. I am so enjoying getting to know my partner. I just want to tell her who I am - we have so much in common - I think this is the best match for me that I've had...(swap wise)

And - how's this for a lead-in...I am going to join Longing For Spring Swap. I think this will be a fun swap to be a part of. It's all about Spring - and boy am I into that!!! Amy is hostess. She is limiting the number to only 40 participants...Go over and check it out -

Tomorrow is Friday!!!! Jeans and sweatshirt day at school!!! yay! I don't wear jeans to work except on Fridays - I really try to dress professionally on a regular, daily bais - but - this week - I am SO ready for jeans and a sweatshirt!

..and...my favorite band is playing at the best dance hall in the area - so, Sweetie and I will go do some "butt shaking"..it's all good!

3 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, that is flippin' COLD! Glad school was canceled.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so glad you're doing OK. 60 below sounds like a fantastic reason to bake cookies to me - at least the oven is warm.

Anonymous said...

Well, how'd the 'butt shakin' go? Were you recovered enough to enjoy some fun and dance?

Glad you are meeting some nice people on the swaps!

This is your Winter Doldrums secret pal :)