Two skeins of Handpainted Originals by Brown Sheep (70% Mohair and 30% wool)...very soft...
and two skeins of Mandarin Petit (100%cotton)...for my Vegan friends...sock yarn perhaps....
I haven't quite decided what I want to do with this contest...so, I am going to need a little time to think...so, while I am thinking...you can go ahead and read 100 Random Facts about Me!!!
1. I have four children
2. I have four boys
3. I buy a lot of milk
4. My oldest will be 22 in December
5. My youngest is 15
6. Two in college, two in high school
7. I kept trying for a girl
8. I am licensed to teach grades 5-12 in Middle school and Secondary mathematics in both Minnesota and Wisconsin
9. I love Math because there is a right answer and a wrong answer...no grey area
10. I struggle with random
11. I am more than a little anal
12. I think anal and non random are good traits in a math teacher
13. I hate Geometry
14. I am teaching Geometry this year
15. I worked for 8 years as a special education paraprofessional
16. I have a minor in Special Education
17. I went back to college at age 36
18. College was the hardest thing I have done
19. I was married for 15 years
20. I have been divorced for 8 and a half years
21. I am sad about not ever having a 25th wedding anniversary...weird, huh?
22. I have been with my current love for 8 years
23. I have been engaged for four years...don't ask.
24. I love what my life has changed into from where it has been
25. I am half Hawaiian
26. I have never been to Hawaii
27. My biological father lives on the island of Maui
28. I met my biological father for the first time in St Louis, Missouri, during the summer of 2004
29. I am the oldest of five children
30. Our names are in alphabetical order (Alaina, Benita, Corina, Darren, and Erica)
31. I live in the house I grew up in
32. One of my four grandparents are still alive
33. I can still stand on my head (how's that for random)
34. My all time favorite TV show was Knots Landing
35. My eyes are dark brown to the point of almost being black
36. I cry at weddings
37. Little House on the Prairie is always good for a good cry
38. I can't sing
39. I would love to play guitar..but think I am tone deaf
40. I hate being cold
41. Did I mention how cold it gets here in January?
42. Spring is my favorite season
43. My birthday is March 29
44. I was almost 8 months old when President JFK was shot
45. I don't remember President JFK being shot
46. I remember when Elvis died
47. I don't like Elvis...(go ahead send me hate mail)
48. I grew up on a farm
49. I have watched piglets, calves, colts, kittens, and puppies all being born
50. I have seen a chicken lay an egg and held it while it was still soft
51. I know how to drive a tractor, a bull dozer, and an excavator
52. I am scared of the dark
53. I hate spiders
54. My favorite holiday is Christmas
55. I hate Halloween (again...go ahead...hate mail)
56. I was raised Catholic
57. Catholicism doesn't like the idea of divorce
58. I am raising my children Catholic
59. I have no idea where I am going to get married when the time comes...2010
60. I played basketball, volleyball and golf in High school
61. I spent a lot of time on the end of the bench during High School
62. I have friends that I have known for 34 years
63. I like to get dressed up, use my good table cloth, china and candles for every holiday
64. I am a little stubborn...thought I would put that way down here...since I am sure everybody has just scrolled pass all of this nonsense...to get to the contest
65. I count some of my sisters among my best friends...
66. Cats..not dogs
67. Chocolate... not vanilla
68. Dark... not light
69. I put chocolate syrup on anything I think I can get away with
70. I could stand to lose 15 to 20 pounds...okay...maybe closer to 20...
71. I've thought about adopting a daughter...from China...
72. I learned to crochet from my Grandmother
73. I taught myself to knit
74. I wish I was more organized
75. My first car was a 1975 Saab painted baby blue
76. I want to own a Saab convertible, black....
77. I took Swing Dance lessons...am not very good...lack of coordination...see #61
78. I was 5'8" in 6th grade
79. I have never watched a hockey game.
80. I know very little about football in spite of 3 sons playing...tight end???
81. I graduated from High School in 1981...Didn't that work out nicely...
82. I once dreamed about being a professional photographer
83. I have all of the equipment to set up a dark room...just haven't made room in the basement...see #52 and #53
84. My middle name is Marie
85. I was named after the song Maria Elena
86. The legal spelling of my name doesn't have an "i" in it...I added that so people /professors would pronounce my name correctly at college...and kept it
87. My confirmation name is Theresa
88. I love being a mom
89. My favorite comfort food is hot homemade soup - preferably any cream soup
90. My favorite local band is Rock-a-Billy Revue
91. I don't drink...just didn't like how I felt when I did...nothing religious or weird or anything
92. I don't smoke
93. I've colored my hair since I was 29
94. I use to read a lot...not so much any more
95. I believe in love at first sight and happily ever after.
96. I believe we are all put on this earth for a reason and we need to make a positive impact on the lives around us
97. I believe there is good in all people
98. I believe in the power of prayer
99. I believe in the importance of investing time and energy in children
100. I am happy with the person I am and the life I have created for myself and my children
Whew!!!! That's not an easy thing to type
Now, for those of you who
I want to know three things:
1. What is your all time favorite knitting book?
2. What finished project are you the most proud of... and... of course, why?
(Pictures worth extra entry)
3. Whose blog do you read daily and why?
Answering all three questions will get you one entry.
Showing me a picture will get you another entry.
Linking to my contest will get you yet another entry.
Easy as Pi (you know, 3.14159265358979323846....hee hee, just a little math humor)
I will make a numbered list of all the entries and use my TI-83 to randomly choose a number amongst the number of entries...first picked will get first choice, second number picked will get left over skeins.
I will draw for the number on Thursday night, September 6 at 6:00 my time.
I am looking forward to hearing about your projects and some great books to add to my library...
Hey.....thanks for sticking around...I appreciate it.