Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Got THAT out of my system...

I'm back....

Well, little compromise involved...I actually packed the camper and went a whopping 10 miles to the local KOA....that way everyone could come and go from the camp ground and still participate in the various jobs and activities.

I spent all day, lounging by the pool (I have the sunburn to prove it) with Chris. Andy was in and out all day, and Nathan is actually at Bible Camp for the week.

The weather was beautiful and I almost completed Mandy's Candy Bag. I am just trying to decide how big to make it.

I sat by the fire and it was all good....Didn't get to roast a marshmallow - thought instead we would try Jiffy Popcorn (you know the little pan you shake over the burner) - Well - I shook the bah-jeevers out of that damn pan and got nothing but very hot fingers....In the meantime, Chris goes in the camper and pops a bag in the microwave and comes out munching a bag of popcorn... it was pretty funny. So, I in no way, shape, or form would recommend Jiffy Pop Popcorn...I'm talking a LONG time I shook that pan...

Now...the Unpacking....

2 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Sounds like fun to me - who cares if it was only 10 miles away! Wheeeee!

Can't wait to see your bag!

Alana said...

I'd be up for that! Sounds like a good time.

Me, I'm happy as a clam because the heat and humidity are gone, and I'm out on my patio gearing up to knit for a while! Me and my three doggies! (Yup, Samson is here for a visit again, but I'm about ready to send the behemoth home!!)