Thursday, June 12, 2008

This and That...



This arrived in my mailbox the other day...isn't it pretty? The picture does not do it justice...it is the prettiest shades of greens and browns...all my favorite colors...Megan ordered it for me from Mandy's etsy shop. I won a contest that Megan was hosting....Big Thank you to Megan! I love it and can't wait to knit something pretty with it.

It's cold and it's raining....seems like that is all the weather we have had this summer...

We went to watch Rock-A-Billy Revue at the local outdoor concert series....It was so cold...honest to God, you could see your breath...it was only 41 degrees out....at least it wasn't raining for about a two hour period....reminded me of football season.

My plants are all water-logged...Thank God we aren't dealing with the flooding issues that are prevalent around the area. We are lucky enough to have really sandy soil...

I haven't even thought about camping...it's been too cold...I went into the camper a couple days ago and thought...boy, do I need to get out here and do the "Spring cleaning" - but that is as far as that went...

Enough whining...on the Fitness front...I am proud to say I have been doing my 60+ minutes on Wii Fit every single morning. My body was very, very sore for about 4 days..it has gotten better. My BMI has gone down...a couple pounds also....nothing to get too excited about...but, I figure if I keep it up all summer...it has to be good....

As you go through the program, you "unlock" more "activities" the more you do. For example, the basic comes with a "step activity" that has you stepping off and on the Wii Board in time to the music...I have since unlocked an "advanced" step activity...well, I am so uncoordinated...to the point to tripping over my own two feet....rhythm...I have none. I am kicking when they are stepping, and clapping a half beat after the group...at least I am moving.



On the knitting front...Here are my finished "Fixation" socks. I gifted them to my "bestest" friend for her birthday...I hope she enjoys wearing them as much as I enjoyed making them for her....

I also just finished the third dishcloth to a set of three for my sister. I am working on my next pair of socks...anxious to start a new pair with the lovely yarn I ordered....but, am trying to resist the temptation...I just want to see how the stripes are going to play out.....and of course, the feel of the yarn....

If I could upload pics faster...I could show you the lovely goodies I ordered....I may have to make a trip to my local library and see if I can upload more pics...With the price of gas ($3.87/gal) - I can't afford to drive to work(school) just for the sake up posting some pics....It takes me about 8 minutes to upload one picture...and then that isn't a promise that it will upload...many, many times...I wait 10+ minutes just to be booted off of blogger....ahh, the trials and tribulations of country living.

I went grocery shopping yesterday...ventured out in the rain...needed to get out of the house and of course, the boys were complaining about no food....I saved $93.00 with coupons....how awesome is that? I still wrote a check for $217...but..... saved $93....I was pretty proud of myself...and now we have food...I have found that it is more expensive to eat "healthy". It is no wonder our society is on the overweight side...people can't afford "healthy" choices.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Pretty socks...I love the blue colors (I've been on a blue kick lately!). And congrats on your dedication to working out...a few pounds IS a big deal...especially at the beginning when it's easy to let motivation wane! You are right...eating healthy is expensive...I try to grow as much as I can in the summer to combat that problem!

Alana said...

I like your socks. I'm thinking it's about time I give socks another go.